To Our Customers - An Update on COVID-19
To our customers,
Like so many of you, we have spent the last many months learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For UEC Theatres, that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers and communities, and then making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus. Here are some examples of what we are doing:
• Instructing employees to wash their hands a minimum of hourly, which has been proven by the CDC to be the most effective preventative measure.
• Increasing the availability of hand sanitizer within our theatres, as available.
• We have ramped up cleaning services at our stores. In addition, sanitizing supplies are near workstations and counters so that employees can keep those and other touch surfaces, such as ticket kiosks, buttons, handrails and faucets, cleaned as much as possible.
• Recommending that those who are not feeling well stay home to prevent the spread of germs.
• We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands often and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees, if any, who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
• Limiting the number of customers per auditorium to State and Local recommendations.
• If you as our customer don't feel well, please stay home and get better.
Guests are required to wear face masks in the lobby, restrooms and hallways and can remove them inside the auditorium while eating and drinking.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.