UEC Theatres Reopening Press Release
UEC Theatres Reopening THIS FRIDAY, 8.21.2020!
UEC Theatres is excited to announce that in addition to the three theatres that reopened successfully in June, thirteen more of its movie theatres will be opening on Friday, August 21st. The rest will open as states allow.
Mike Ross, President & CEO of United Entertainment Corp., noted: “Our employees and General Managers are more than excited to bring entertainment and some fun back to the communities we serve. Movie fans have been overwhelmingly supportive. Of course the safety of our employees and guests is our utmost concern and we believe that best practices developed over the last number of months as well as guidance from the CDC and NATO (National Association of Theatre Owners) helps ensure that.”
Guests can enjoy new movie releases immediately as up to two NEW RELEASES open on 8.21 depending on the market. New titles will be priced at regular admission prices. Classic and catalog movie tickets for titles such as Jurassic Park, Trolls World Tour or Ghostbusters will be at the UEC Bargain Tuesday price for all seats-all showings, which is $5.00 to $5.50, generally.
Expected Upcoming Releases
- WORDS ON BATHROOM WALLS
- INCEPTION 10th Anniversary Event (Bargain-Price)
- THE NEW MUTANTS
- BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC
- PERSONAL HISTORY OF DAVID COPPERFIELD
- THE KING'S MAN
For the full slate of titles and showtime information, moviegoers should check their theatre’s webpage on uecmovies.com.
Cleaning & Safety
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping guests and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus. Here are some examples of what we are doing:
- Auditorium seating has been reduced to 50% or less depending on the state requirements. Reserved seating will be turned off for now. Families may sit together, and moviegoers should appropriately distance themselves from others. Please be respectful and gracious.
- Showtimes will be spread out more to alleviate any congestion in the lobby and allow time to clean auditoriums. Social distancing reminders will be placed in the lobbies.
- UEC relies on CDC guidelines as well as information and products provided by its chemical cleaning partners for ramped up daily disinfecting. We have ramped up cleaning services at our theatres. In addition, sanitizing supplies are near workstations and counters so that employees can keep those and other touch surfaces, such as ticket kiosks, buttons, handrails and faucets, cleaned as much as possible.
- Employees will be required to wear face masks.
- Guests will be required to wear face masks in the lobby, restrooms and hallways and can remove them inside the auditorium while eating and drinking.
- Instructing employees to wash their hands a minimum of hourly, which has been proven by the CDC to be the most effective preventative measure.
- Increasing the availability of hand sanitizer within our theatres, as available.
- We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands often and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees, if any, who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Management will screen employees each day before their shift, asking whether they have had a fever in the last 48 hours or other symptoms, isolate any worker who begins to exhibit symptoms until they can either go home or leave to seek medical care.
- Recommending that those who are not feeling well stay home to prevent the spread of germs. If you as our guest do not feel well, please stay home and get better. If you already have a ticket we will provide a refund so you can attend a different day.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.
United Entertainment Corp. (UEC) owns and operates a chain of movie theatres throughout the United States. The Company mission is to provide high quality entertainment at reasonable prices to the markets it serves. United Entertainment takes pride in bringing the magic of movies and new jobs to communities. UEC Theatres is a Top 30 movie theatre circuit in the United States with 191 screens at 22 complexes. With operations in 12 states currently, from east coast to west coast, UEC remains poised for growth. Founded in 1993, privately-held United Entertainment Corp. started exclusively as a video store chain and grew to 25 video stores at its peak. Meanwhile, the decision was made to diversify into the theatre business. The first UEC theatre was built in 1997 and the theatre side of the business has grown steadily since. www.uecmovies.com www.facebook.com/uectheatres Twitter @UECMovies #TakeintheMagic #UECTheatres #SaveYourCinema